Friday, March 16, 2012

Mid-March


I have been really happy and eating a lot and having mad fun busy weekends every single weekend for the last month plus, but recently I keep feeling a huge gnawing ache from the fact that I haven't made it to any of the exhibitions on my to-do list this year, including Gerhard Richter which is now over.

It really cut me up when I realised that I had missed it. I can't say that I'm an expert or enthusiast about his work, or art in general, but I was looking forward to it for so long and there was nothing stopping me from going except pure laziness and stupid distractions. Being bored = not doing something interesting. Opportunity cost here is not only the time wasted but the possible fun/enrichment gained from doing something interesting. Doing what you want to do.

This feeling of urgency and desire for immediacy is taking over my brain, it runs through everything I do in my life these days. The night before I wrote this down and stuck it to my wall:

INCONTINENCE IS LAME

WHEN YOU DO NOT DO 
WHAT YOU CAN AND 
SHOULD DO THEN 
YOU ARE DEFINITELY 
FUCKED FOR LIFE


With that in mind I am making a list of what I want to and will do this Spring, hopefully in pleasant weather and more importantly with good company

1. Yayoi Kusama @ Tate Modern: Now - 5 June
2. Lucien Freud @ National Portrait Gallery : Now - 27 May
3. David ShrigleyJeremy Deller @ Hayward Gallery : Until 13 May
4. Horiyoshi III @ Somerset House : 21 Mar - 1 July
5. Hampstead Heath
6. Primrose Hill
7. Burger & Lobster
8. Clean my roof (buy chillchairs)

That's all that I can think of now hopefully will add more in later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment