Monday, April 25, 2011

V&A MUSEUM







Every time i go to the Victoria & Albert Museum it feels like I'm going there for the first time, which is probably why I love it so much. Went to see the Yohji Yamamoto exhibition which was... really harshly lit and full of fashion student types. Half the exhibition pieces were actually displayed around the museum outside of the main exhibition hall(which is surprisingly small), and finding them required a bit of navigational skills. It's likely that YY's work is better appreciated in a stark setting but I kind of like how his clothes stand out against the V&A's museum interiors.

Anyway that day we walked around the ceramics section. The contemporary ceramic art pieces are really pretty.

They are currently doing an exhibition about Aestheticism which I have to go see after my exams :(

p.s. the V&A museum cafe is gr8

No comments:

Post a Comment