Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's very simple. It's never simple.

Whatever looks like the most obvious way to get what you want is definitely not what you should be doing right now. If success is sure, you've already won. Move on. Whatever you go out to collect will waste your time and weigh you down.

I went to lunch with a group of young people just like me. Out of 12 people at the table nobody was happy except for those who had found a way out and were grateful for that.

Every hour and every day I change my mind about what I need to do to achieve what I want out of life including happiness and success. The end goal doesn't change, but the near term stuff does all the time. The worst thing is how resolute I feel about it each time, and how hard I think about it. It's like an overflowing bathtub.

My mind is so cluttered up now that I'm not working on anything big. Do new things, think new thoughts, feel new feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment