Watch the video in fullscreen... Even in crappy internet resolution the drop still makes my stomach drop. One day I will ride this rollercoaster for real.
Reading week was underwhelming, I really prefer going to class and dealing with the day to day readings and work. The best thing was having my dad around and visiting my cousin... Family is the best thing in the world, even though capitalism has supposedly caused the disintegration of familial relations. Reading Marx is really the most uplifting yet depressing academic experience I have had in a long, long long time.
Also, I ate at Nizuni 3 times this week, so I think our relationship is getting quite serious. It started out as a convenient affair (literally 2 minutes from my flat) but the service is so endearing and the food is so good I really can't be bothered to go anywhere else.
LOOK AT THAT BEAUTY. I almost burst into tears when the waitress brought this to our table. For around £10, you get:
- deceptively large serving of rice
- a veritable Bitchload (12 pieces?!) x salmon sashimi
- 1 x good load of roe
- 1 x pickled ginger, wasabi
- 1 x tasty salad (i need to know what dressing is this, it's so #@^%$@ tasty)
- 3 x hunks of tamago (why?? why not??)
- 1 croquette (again, why?? but seriously, i don't care)
- 1 x quail egg (when was the last time I ate a quail egg???)
*** Alright this is by no means an objective review, I just love this place so much and it is really, heads and shoulders above the many Japanese restaurants in Soho/Fitzoria so if you want to get in on the awesomeness, head there asap >>
22 Charlotte Street
London, W1T 2NB
Tel: 020 7580 7447
Even the website is adorably quaint and super Asian~