Wednesday, February 23, 2011

stacey's mom has got it going on


Burberry plastic capes are so perfect alskdjakd especially in this awful spring wetness where everything feels damp and cold all the time, or just wet and cold.

I haven't been able to get anything done these days beyond running errands, reading webcomics and reading Plato. Decided to give myself a break and spent the whole night planning my Paris trip this easter. The last time I went was in the dead heat of summer and I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I could have so this is me giving Paris a proper second chance

Je ne peux pas attendre pour aller à Paris avec mon seul véritable amour~
- Center Pompidou(Marais)
- The Lourve
- Palace Versailles
- The Eiffel Tower
- Catacombs haha
- Le Jardin Tuileries
- Pierre Herme, Fauchon(+ all the sweets I can get my hands on)

Something funny I came across on the Guardian website:
Obviously the Pompidou Centre is a must-see sight that helped regenerate the Marais and opened up a fantastic new public space in the seventies. Given its popularity today, it's hard to believe that the design took a terrible hammering from the press when it opened. Richard Rogers' favourite story is of the time he was leaving the Pompidou, soon after it had opened and stepped out into an unexpected, heavy downpour. An elderly French woman offered him shelter beneath an umbrella. "What do you think of this building, monsieur?" she asked. "Actually, I designed it," Richard replied proudly. The woman responded by hitting him over the head with her brolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment